.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Over eating

I never thought I'd say this but... I'm tired of eating.

In a multi-day race you trash your body day after day so refueling before and after each stage is vital. Normally, at home, I'd barely eat breakfast before riding but on tours you seat down to a buffet breakfast of pasta. After each stage you are dehydrated so you spend the next 12hrs drinking as much fluid as you can or the next day your legs are tired, sore and won't do what you want them to.



It's often said that during tours you are not eating for that day but for the next few days. If dinner comes around and you are not hungry so you don't eat much, you will suffer in the following days. So even if you don't want to eat, you have to force yourself to because you won't get another chance.

With one stage remaining and a rest day today, I'm not hungry. I just want to sleep in. I don't want a plate of pasta or rice for breakfast and I would kill for a good coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment