.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Benefits

I'm not one to gloat or rub someone's nose in their misfortunes. Just ask any of my friends and they will tell you. Today I began my long journey home from Europe along with Simon and Deon, and having a better frequent flyer status than them has proven to be priceless. 

Firstly, at check-in, I was able to walk straight into the priority check-in lane whilst Deon and Simon (were supposed to) line up in the pleb queue. *Despite our priority check-in, an error with our tickets meant we were the last to check in anyway. 

Once we received our boarding passes and made our way to the plane, I found myself sitting comfortably in an emergency exit seat next to the isle, near the front of the plane. Deon and Simon trundled past me toward the back of the plane with a slight look of distain on their faces. 

After arriving in Dubai, we made our way to the Business Lounge where I am currently enjoying breakfast, coffee, wifi and hot shower. Deon and Simon are outside in the terminal, trying to find a vacant seat in which to sleep uncomfortably for the next three hours. 

I'm not gloating. I'm not rubbing their faces in it. But it sure is sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment