.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Reality check

Usually, after a long day of cycling, I'm able to go home and relax and recover. With fewer work commitments, I was able to train harder, longer and better. However, now that I am home, it's back to work and back to reality. 

After being able to rest during the day for so long, my body has to again get used to standing on my feet all day. And it is destroying me! My legs are more tired after a day of work than s long day on the bike. So much so, that I have resorted to wearing compression socks at work to avoid my feet and ankles swelling. 



Along with going back to work, I now have to change my training times. Instead of heading out for a ride at a comfortable time of 10am, I have reverted back to waking up at 5am to squeeze in 4hrs before work. I haven't had to pit a light on my bike fir 8 months but now I leave home in the dark and in the cold. 

Needless to say, the first few days have been a massive struggle to wake up in the morning and I have slept in twice. As I write this, I am looking at the time and calculating how much sleep I am going to get before I have to get up to ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment