.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kinect

Last night I was able to experience the joys of Xbox Kinect. For those over 40's out there, its part of the new gaming style that senses body movement instead of hand controllers. Theoretically, it turns computer gaming into a physical activity and not just a couch potato activity.



There are games like golf, tenpin bowling, tennis, ping pong, football, aerobics, track and field and a huge loist of others. If you get involved, it can actually be a solid workout and after playinmg bowling, tennis and javalin and discus, I experienced just that.

I woke up this morning with a sore shoulder. Thanks to cycling and my inherent ability to avoid manual labour, I have very little upper body strength and the heaviest thing I lift is a water bottle. So it appears that swinging my arm around in the air is too much work for my shoulder. It is the kind of sore that you get after you go to the gym for the first time in 12 months. You don't notice it at the time, but the next day you suffer.

To those sitting and watching the screen, the players actions all make sense. If you didn't know what they were doing, the players just look plain crazy. To demonstrate, here is my team mate Simon, playing long jump...



The funniest event would have to be the 100m hurdles. Here is some footage of me setting a new world record against Simon...

1 comment: