.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Pizza Roulette

After my recent triumph (well, I think so anyways) over 12 Chili Alarm Chicken Wings, my confifdence was high. So when it was suggested at work that we try Hell Pizza's new 'Pizza Roulette', I was all for it.



What is Pizza Roulette?? Take one standard Hell Pizza with 8 slices and coat one of those slices in an extremely hot sauce. Sit down with your friends and hope that you are not the unlucky one to get the hot slice.

We sat down in the meeting room with the Pizzas and hooked in. Eventually, one of the guys got the hot slice and immediately turned it down. Full of confidence, I took up the challenge.

I took 2 bites. Not even big bites. Probably the equivalent of one normal bite. If the chicken wings that I ate were 12 chili alarm, then this piece of pizza was 35 chili alarm. My mouth was on fire and even my gums were burning. I struggled to breath because every time I breathed out, it felt like flames were shooting out of my mouth. I felt a little nautious and between coughs, had the urge to throw up. It was as if my body knew that there was something terribly wrong in my mouth and wanted to expell it out.

I washed my mouth out a few dozen times, drank a glass of milk, 2 bottles of water and ate anything else that I could find to put out the fire. About 30 mins later, the flames had gone down and all that remained was small burning embers. It was one freaking hot piece of pizza.



After I recovered, I did some research on the sauce that they use for Pizza Roulette. It is made with imported Bhut (Ghost) Jolokia or Naga King chilis. In 2007, Guinness World Records certified the Bhut Jolokia as the world's hottest chili pepper, 401.5 times hotter than Tabasco sauce. No wonder I couldn't handle it. It's the hottest chili known to man.

Pizza Roulette... Great game... Highly recommend you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment