.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Held up...

Today I had a wedding to attend so I had to dig through the wardrobe and dust off a suit. The wedding was at the Sunshine Coast so the plan was to head up Friday night. I was all ready to go until I realized something.

I was preparing a shirt and tie to wear when it dawned on me. I don't own an iron. In fact, I haven't ironed a piece of clothing in over two years!

I had to contact a friend to see if I could come around and borrow their iron after work. It seemed like an odd request at the time but surely there are others out there that don't own or need an iron??? Why can't hanging your shirt up in the bathroom while you shower and letting the hot steam do the ironing for you be enough?

After a bit of a delay, we decided that it was too late to drive up on Friday night and waited until the morning. All I have to do now, is make sure my shirt doesn’t get wrinkled again.

In the meantime, do I need to buy an iron? If I only use it once every two years then it barely seems like a necessary item.  I’ve been kayaking more times than I have used an iron in the last two years but I haven’t bought one of those! Maybe I’ll hold off.

No comments:

Post a Comment