.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Speed Ageing

I have some friends that have been unfortunate in the hair department. One friend was bald by the time he was 25, one friend looks like he has a fur suit on underneath his clothes and another started turning grey before he had his driver's license. Luckily for me, I have a thick head of black hair that doesn't look like its going to go anywhere soon. Well, at least that was what I thought until yesterday.

Whilst sitting at the computer my wife walked past and gasped, yelling out, 'You're going grey!', whilst laughing her head off at the same time. Certain that it was the light hitting it at an odd angle or something in my hair, I scoffed at her and asked her to pluck it out as evidence.

After some struggle, she ripped out a miscouloured, barely grey hair. I thought nothing of it. Heck, I've had an old faithful white hair in my right eyebrow for as long as I can remember that I let grow until I can see it in my periphery so what is one discoloured hair going to do?

Despite my lack of concern, I cut my hair, just to be sure that any other rogue hairs would be cut back down to size. Problem sorted. Then today, whilst washing my hands, there in the mirror, right in the middle of my head was another grey hair that was about 2cm longer than any of the others!!



Where did it come from? Does it happen overnight? Is it that fast? How did it get so long so quickly? Will I wake up in a weeks time with a full silver head of hair? I've decided to consult my grey-haired friend but I have a feeling I'm just going to get a lot of bad noise as I have given him a bit of stick about his premature greyness over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment