.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Soul ride

For the last 3 months, I have pretty much been racing non stop. Between each race, I have spent a maximum of 3 days at home before having to leave again for the next one. This means that when I am home, my only goal is to rest and recover. 

 
My rides don't last for longer than a couple of hours and I can only ride at an easy pace. I search for the flattest, easiest rides that I can find, however, this often means that they are not the most exciting routes in the world. 

I need a soul ride to enjoy it again. A ride because I like to go for a ride. A ride where I don't have to focus on holding a particular power or heart rate and it doesn't matter if I get lost and the ride goes for an hour longer than planned. A ride where I can stop for a coffee if I feel like it and sit for a while. A ride where I can enjoy the view and stop to smell the flowers. 


For the first time in a while, I have a couple of weeks off before the next race. I already have a nice long soul ride planned but first I need to rest after a long stint of racing. Sometimes, you need to take a soul ride to remind yourself that you are doing what you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment