.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Busted

I enjoy Fridays. It is the day when I get to enjoy a leisurely recovery ride with friends, followed by coffee at the local café and then followed by more coffee at the local café. Most of my friends must then head off to work while a select few get to stay and have more coffee at the local café.

Last Friday, I slept in and missed the start of the bunch ride. I woke up in a huff and my wife was wondering what was wrong. I explained that I had slept in as I put on lycra in record time and head out the door. I had missed the ride, so the ONLY option I had was to head directly to the coffee shop and then head out for my ride later in the day.

Coincidently, my wife had a conference in the city on this particular Friday and about 2½ hours after I had left home she came in to join me for a pre-conference coffee. On her arrival, she asked how my ride was. Foolishly, without thinking, I replied, ‘Oh, I haven’t ridden yet, I slept in. I’m going to ride afterwards.’

My wife looked surprised… ‘You mean you have been sitting here this whole time?’
One of my friends kindly replied for me, ‘Oh no. We were at another café just up the road for a while first.’ My wife shook her head.

I knew what was going to happen after this. In an attempt to dull the aftershock, I did an extra-long ride afterwards but I still knew that it was not going to have an effect on what was going to happen when my wife saw me next.

That night, my wife arrived home after her conference and her first words were, ‘So… how was your ‘ride’ today?’

I informed her that I did an extra-long ride and also pointed out all of the other things that I had achieved during the day. It was ineffective. Now, whenever I go for a ride, my wife says, ‘Enjoy your ‘ride’.’ accompanied by the two finger ‘air-quotes’. 

1 comment:

  1. As I web-site possessor I believe the content matter here
    is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for your efforts.

    You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

    my homepage ... online dating site free

    ReplyDelete