.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

House Husband

My wife used to finish work before me and as I was often trying to clock up extra km's on the bike on my way home from work, she was usually home well before me.

Being the spectacular woman that she is, my wife got started on dinner so that when I arrived home it was ready to go. Afterwards, it was my job to wash the dishes. My wife always said that she would love to swap jobs and that she preferred to clean up than cook.

I'm not gonna lie... I'm a stereotypical male. I don't think about making the bed, I just throw my clothes into the cupboard, I can never find things because I don't look properly and I hate doing chores.

Now that cycling is my job, the tables have turned. I am at home a lot more and arrive well and truly before my wife, so it is now my job to make sure dinner is ready and the chores are done. And some weird things have been happening...

For some reason, I seem to know where everything in the house is and now my wife asks me if I know where things are. I complain about having to think of ideas for what to have for dinner. I get irritated when my wife gets home and just kicks her shoes off and dumps her bag on the floor. I'm checking the weather to see if it would be a good idea to do a load of laundry. I am making a grocery shopping list!

Most disturbing of all, is when I get upset because my wife gets home and turns on her computer or stares at her phone screen instead of talking to me and asking how my day was.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?? The world is turning up side down!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment