.

Monday, January 7, 2013

The List 2013

Well it's that time of year again. The time when I come up with my New Year's 'to do' list. Life has taught me that resolutions are just too damn hard to follow through on, so I find it easier to come up with things that I would like to do during the year. You may recall 2011's last ditch effort to tick running to work off the list on the 31st of December. It ended in 3 days of pain.

2012 ended in a similar way. 'Get a tattoo' has been on my list of things to do for a number of years and on the 22nd December 2012, I finally followed through on it. After 3 hours in the chair, I finally have a tattoo.


Like last year's running effort, getting a tattoo also ended in a few days of pain. The actual pain of getting the tattoo was relatively small compared to the pain in the butt that ensues afterwards while you wait for it to heal. For the first couple of days after you get the tattoo done, it weeps plasma everywhere and needs to be covered in cling wrap to keep it away from the elements. Then, for at least a week, the tattoo needs to be covered in ointment and kept out of the sun while it heals. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that I need to ride my bike everyday in the sun for hours on end!


Consequently, I was forced to spend a few days off the bike over Christmas. The result: I felt so damn fat and lazy at the end of it that I had to go out to do some exercise. The tattoo has now healed and my routine is back to normal, however, the pain of waiting for the tattoo to heal is almost unbearable!

While sitting around, it gave me the opportunity to come up with 2013's 'to do' list. I had to carry a couple of things over from 2012 that I didn't quite get to but I have a healthy compilation of things to do. So, in no particular order, my list is....

1.   Make a souffle (They always make out on TV that making a souffle is so hard so I will test it).
2.   Go to a Pizza Hut buffet (I used to go to these as a kid and it has been far too long).
3.   Go to a TimeZone lock-in (What could be better than playing computer games all night?).
4.   Get a Manicure (I had a pedicure last year, so this is the next logical step).
5.   Get a cut-throat shave (I will have to save up some facial hair for this one).
6.   Learn to barista (A skill everyone should have).
7.   Take a dancing lesson (Believe it or not, I have no rhythm or flare).
8.   Go surfing (I have previously tried and failed at this).
9.   Jump in a ball pit (Why do kids have all the fun?).
11. Go to Seaworld (Again, its been too long).
12. Go to Infinity at the Gold Coast (I'm sick of seeing the ads on TV so I better check it out).
13. Go to a Sizzler Breakfast (All you can eat buffet breakfast. Need I say more?).
14. Buy a giant Chupa-Chup (Always wanted one).
15. Take a holiday on a train (Does anyone still do this in Australia).

So that is my list. I probably won't get through all of it but I will have a good go at it. In fact, I already have a gift voucher for a cut-throat shave, so if I don't get killed in the process, I will let you know how it goes. And of course, I reserve the right to change the list at any time!





No comments:

Post a Comment