.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Workout

It's no secret, I have no upper body strength. The only time I ever really use my upper body is to shovel food into my mouth. 

After 3 days of holidays with the extended family, my upper body is aching. Wrestling with the nephews, swimming in the pool, playing back yard cricket, throwing the football around, paddling the canoe on the lake and even picking up and carrying the little ones has given me an upper body workout that I have not had for a long time. 



My arms are aching and my ribs hurt when I laugh. We are supposed to go fishing this afternoon and I'm worried that casting the line is going to be too much for my arms to handle. 

I never thought that playing with kids would wear me out but this morning I couldn't wake up. I'm exhausted. Maybe its because they are getting bigger and stronger? Or maybe it's because I'm getting old?

No comments:

Post a Comment